Saturday, April 9, 2011

Are we suckers?

Sometimes I think me and Thak are the biggest suckers on the planet. Every time we've given Erin any freedom to play with other kids in our neighborhood, she's totally blown it. We explicitly tell her what her boundaries are, and then find her in the next county. We tell her NEVER to go in anyone else's house or yard, and then find her in some strange person's house every single time.

Every time it's happened, we've grounded her. The most recent grounding ended today. She asked to go out again. Thak showed her the boundaries again. I swear, if she blows it this time, she's done. She won't go outside and play with other kids anymore if she can't handle it. She does fine alone, which leads me to believe she does understand what her boundaries are. She just loses her mind every time another kid shows up. I don't know.... I hope this ends well. I want to end this day with nobody grounded.

Millionth time is the charm?

No comments: