Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cool gender-neutral onesies!

Yes, they're expensive. So what? I'm not buying any diapers, hardly any new toys, and very few clothes, since I have that stuff still left over from Erin and Orren. Plus we got a hand-me-down crib for free (Seriously, I have THREE kids and have never actually paid money for a crib. How insane is that?!), still have our rocking chair that we paid $40 for on Craigslist, and really need nothing else, so yes, I splurged on really expensive handmade onesies on Etsy.

Squirrels
Turtle
Lemon slice
Pea pod

How CUTE are these?!! The turtle is my favorite. The pea pod is Thak's favorite. Honestly, though, we love them all. This brings our total of gender-neutral outfits to 7, because we also have 3 Vikings onesies. That is probably enough for the gender-neutral newborn clothes. (We actually bought size 0-3 rather than NB because honestly, this baby will probably be at least as big as Orren, and he never fit NB.) If it's a boy, we already have everything we need leftover from Orren. If it's a girl, we have a consignment shop about 2 miles down the road that has way more girl stuff than boy, and we'll stock up there within a week or so of the birth. Plus, nothing says a girl can't wear boy stuff if necessary, so it's not like we're going to run out of baby clothes. Even if it's a girl, she can wear some of Orren's hand-me-downs temporarily if necessary. (We have girl clothes left over from Erin, but they're all in size 12 months and higher. I sold her smaller stuff when she outgrew it because I didn't plan on having any more kids at that point.)

So yes, there is your latest example of solid proof that gender-neutral does not have to equal boring! Aren't those the CUTEST onesies EVER?!! I think they are. I don't care that they cost that much. You only live once.

No comments: