Saturday, April 9, 2011

This just occurs to me, and holy crap.

I do not like other people's children. I have never made any secret of this. It is obvious to everyone I know. I'm not a kid person. I never have been. I even hated babysitting in high school. Of course, the neighborhood kids are totally stressing me out. If they're not running through my yard (lead by Erin, of course. In their defense, they're not as awful as the ones back in GA who had absolutely no concept of boundaries.) they are banging on my door and provoking Frank to snap at them when I open the door. (I REALLY need to get Thak to install a peep hole so I can just not open the door when it's them.)

It just occurred to me that I may have these brats at my door when I'm in labor, and that will stall me quicker than anything. I seriously do NOT want to deal with these kids. Someone proposed we put a note on the door when the time comes, that I am in labor, and not to knock. Yeah.... then they'll just come look in the windows. That'll be fun. I need some type of magical homebirth force field that keeps random unwanted visitors away. I seriously hope I go into labor on a weeknight and have the baby during school hours so I don't have to deal with these kids. Other people's children are pretty much my worst nightmare to begin with, and it's bad enough having to deal with them day to day, but if they dare ruin my birth, I will not be responsible for my actions.

No comments: