Friday, April 29, 2011

Please forget.

I just remembered that on Sunday, there's this birthday party for some kid in Erin's class. Crap. This week has been long, and it's not even close to over yet.

In a few minutes, we have to leave for Erin's final costume fitting for her ballet recital, and I have to take Orren with me even though they are asking that ONLY moms come to the thing. Sorry. He's 2. He isn't going to care about the girls changing clothes around him, and I can't really just park him outside and come back for him later. Thak says he'll leave work on time today so he can come get Orren from me, but honestly, I don't see it happening. He's stayed late every day he's been there. He just loses track of time. It's not bad. He's making money. It's just the fact that he isn't going to get Orren from me, I'm almost 100% sure. So I'm just hoping they don't give me any hell over attending this costume fitting with a 2-year-old boy on my back. (Thank goodness for our Ergo carrier. I think running around after Orren might be the only thing that could make this more hectic.)

Then tomorrow, Erin has school and Thak has work. It's a short day for both at least. She gets off at 11, he gets off at 3, but they both have to be there at 8, so we still all have to get up and go like a normal day.

Then Sunday, there's that damned birthday party? I'm sorry. I can't. I need the one day that's left of the weekend. Plus, I hate El Paso kids' birthday parties. It's like the one-upping contest. People spend a fortune on these things, and they're just ridiculous. Sure, the kids have fun and that's great, but then I have to hear about it for weeks after the fact, how Erin wants this, that, and the other thing, that this friend or that friend had at their birthday party, which we'll never be able to afford for her birthday, and probably wouldn't get even if we could, because there's just a line between doing something fun for the kids, and going completely stupidly overboard. So I really don't feel bad about skipping out on another dog and pony show. I just really hope Erin forgets this thing is even happening. We need that one day to just be off. I can't just run 24/7 like this.

But, uh, now we have to go to this costume fitting, which will hopefully go by fast, because afterward, we'll still need to eat, and get everything ready to go for tomorrow.

No comments: