Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It is SO cold!

If I could find my camera cord, I would post the most adorable picture ever taken of Orren. He is wearing his "jammies with feets" and his snow boots. He has been wearing his snow boots every day since it started getting cold, just waiting for his snow. Funny thing is that while there is no snow, he was dressed rather appropriately for the weather in that outfit because it is freaking cold. It was 20 last night. I kind of wish it would snow. Then at least the cold weather would yield something fun (snow), Erin would get the day off from school, and they'd probably close down the post, too, so Thak wouldn't have to work. That's what happens when it snows in El Paso. The entire city shuts down. Lucky for me, I have a husband who's from Minnesota and can drive in snow, so it's just a free day off for us... with snowball fights (ok, so desert snowballs are a large part dirt. We take what we can get.) But alas, no snow yet... Maybe in a week or so. We got our first snow the second week of December last year, so I guess we'll see.

Anyhow, it is freaking cold. Me and Orren had been taking a nice 2 mile walk through the neighborhood every morning after dropping sissy off at school, but yesterday, it was too windy to go. Today, it was cold enough that I pulled my snow jacket out of the closet only to find that it had some nasty mystery substance on it, so I had to wash it. Hopefully by the time it's dry, we'll at least have hit 35 outside (hopefully no wind... the wind makes it so much worse!) and we can go walking again. It's important for the baby, and Orren loves it. It's so cute. He comes walking up to me, points to the stroller, and says, "Go for wide?" over and over again until I take him for a ride. It's his favorite part of the day. It just got so cold so fast this year...

So yeah. Go for wide... maybe in a little bit?? It gets so hot here during the rest of the year that the cold is absolutely shocking when it finally does come, and it comes so fast. The desert is a harsh place to live.

No comments: