Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Loving the Valco!

We've been using our Valco every day since we got it when we take our walks around the neighborhood. Yes, I push one kid in a double stroller, and probably look like a crazy person to anyone who sees, but I really don't care, because that stroller is outstanding. It is so smooth to push, and such a comfortable ride for Orren. It also doesn't ride at all unevenly even though there's only one kid in it.

We generally just fast walk a couple miles through our neighborhood every day, but today, I found out that the Valco jogs very well, too! We were at an abnormally busy intersection, and a truck was letting us cross, so I ran across the road with the stroller, and then after that, I had to run a little more to catch up with Erin. (She's out of school all week, so she'll be along for the walks all week.) This stroller just floats. I've seriously never seen anything else like it. You can literally push it with your pinky finger, and it just glides smoothly along any terrain, no matter if you're walking, running, or whatever. It's great.

I wasn't sure about it at first because the fold is huge, and I wasn't sure about a typical side-by-side, but this stroller is amazing. At first, I only bought it because it was cheaper than the Phil & Teds Explorer that I was going to buy. The longer we have it, though, the happier I am that we got it. It's definitely the best Craigslist find I've ever had! I will say, though, this stroller and the accessories we got with it are absolutely worth every penny of the $800 they cost to purchase from a retailer. To pay less than half price for this practically new (literally, used once) luxury stroller is just beyond belief. It's like a Land Rover in stroller form, and the more we put it through its paces, and learn about its features, the more we love it, and the luckier we feel to have gotten it. It's going to make it so much easier to get back down to size after the baby is born! Not only do I have a big neighborhood with miles and miles of nice sidewalks, but I have a stroller that's as fun for me to use as it is for the kids to ride in. It's a perfect system.

No comments: